The purpose of the Siouxland Recovery Fund is to provide financial resources to help meet short, intermediate and long term needs for recovery in the Siouxland area when a major disaster strikes. The fund was activated March 19, 2020 to aid in the recovery efforts for those impacted by COVID-19. All funds collected during this time will be used to help those efforts.
Contributions can be made to the Siouxland Recovery Fund online via PayPal using the link above, or at any Security National Bank or Wells Fargo Bank via drop box or overnight depsit box location throughout Siouxland. Donations may also be mailed to the Siouxland Recovery Fund c/o United Way of Siouxland at 701 Steuben St. Sioux City, IA 51101.
An application for the Siouxland Recovery Fund can be found here.
A template for the project budget to be attached to the application can be found here.
Siouxland Recovery Fund Grant Report form can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Siouxland Recovery Fund can be found here.
Guidelines for a grant from the Siouxland Recovery Fund can be found here.
For more information or questions about the Recovery Fund, email Heather Hennings at email@example.com or call 712-255-3551.
To date, we've awarded the following grants to organizations who are providing direct assistance to our community during this time:
For more details, see the Siouxland Recovery Fund 2020 Impact Report Here.
- Bishop Heelan Catholic Schools, School Learning Connections ($14,455)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Siouxland, Delivering Food to Club Members and Families ($3,000)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Siouxland, Rebuilding Summer Financial Losses ($23,707)
- Boys & Girls Home - Siouxland Family Center, Emergency Food Assistance ($5,000)
- Camp High Hopes, Fall Weekend Respite Camp ($25,000)
- Center for Siouxland, Disaster Response & Recovery ($14,500)
- Community Action Agency, Non-profit Personal Protection Equipment ($7,000)
- Community Action Agency, New Website ($5,180)
- Dakota County Voices for Food, Food Security Project ($5,000)
- Food Bank of Siouxland, Emergency Food Supplementation ($50,000)
- Girls Inc. of Sioux City, Full Day Childcare During School Year ($25,000)
- Growing Community Connections - Dakota County, Helping Bridge Financial Gap in Families ($5,000)
- Heartland Counseling Services, Inc., Group Services Post-COVID ($9,000)
- Heartland Counseling Services, Inc., The Life Center Wrap Around Services ($5,000)
- Iowa Legal Aid, Civil Legal Assistance for Low-Income Siouxland Residents Impacted by COVID-19 Pandemic ($10,000)
- Knights of Columbus - Le Mars, Missed Opportunities - Donations ($3,500)
- LAMB Arts, Stayin' Alive ($10,000)
- LaunchPad Children's Museum, Children's Mental Health & Education Emergency Response ($12,631)
- Mary J. Treglia Community House, Coordinated Communications: Connecting Vulnerable Populations to Essential Information ($25,000)
- Mary J. Treglia Community House, Virtual Tutorials in Multiple Languages ($5,000)
- MercyOne Child Advocacy Center, Non-Profit Stability and Support Request ($17,000)
- Morningside Lutheran Church, Food Pantry ($5,000)
- Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA, Rebuilding the YMCA's Stability ($25,000)
- Oto Fire Department, Rebuilding & Recovery ($2,500)
- Rejoice! Community Church, Food Pantry Support ($6,000)
- Rosecrance Jackson Centers, COVID Relief Operating Support ($25,000)
- SafePlace, Safety & Recovery for Victims During Pandemic ($11,375)
- Salvation Army, Food Pantry & Emergency Assistance ($25,000)
- Salvation Army, COVID-19 Response ($25,000)
- Shesler Hall, Pandemic Issues ($5,407)
- Sioux City Art Center, Expanding Connection to Community ($10,000)
- Sioux City Community Assistance, Fresh Start Home Kits ($34,350)
- Sioux City Public Schools Foundation, Equity Proposal for School & Protective Supplies, Caring Closet & Food Pantries ($6,000)
- Siouxland Center for Active Generations, Infectious Disease Prevention Grant ($4,140)
- Siouxland Center for Active Generations, COVID Protection ($8,900)
- Siouxland Mental Health Center, Mental Health Matters - Telehealth Licenses ($4,200)
- Sky Ranch Behavioral Services, Minding the Gap of SRBS Mental Health Services ($12,100)
- Sunnybrook Hope Center, Drive Thru Pantry ($18,000)
- Volunteer Siouxland, Volunteers Supporting Recovery ($3,000)
- Warming Shelter, Showers for Homeless ($5,500)
- Westminster Presbyterian Church, Morningside Neighborhood Food Cupboard ($4,050)
- Women Aware, Siouxlanders in Transition - Emergency Assistance ($10,000)
United Way of Siouxland is meeting regularly with local organizations to determine the needs and ways for people to help. The pictures BELOW are links to the Special Editions of the United Way Newsletter, with helpful information and COVID-19 updates.
As of Mid-March here are food services being provided:
Mental Health Services:
Catholic Charities | Assistance to anyone regardless of age or religious preference |
712-252-4547 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys and Girls Home and Family Services | Mental health services to individuals of all ages and backgrounds | 712-293-4700
Heartland Counseling Services, Inc. | Provides a wide range of services to anyone, has multilingual services available and telehealth therapy | 402-494-3337 CRISIS LINE: 402-494-7655
Siouxland Mental Health Center | Offering Psychiatry, Therapy and Community Support services to all, regardless of ability to pay | 712-252-3871
If you need assistance finding food, paying housing bills, accessing childcare or other essential services, contact 211
FREE Prescription Discount Program
United Way of Siouxland has partnered with FamilyWize Prescription Discount Card. Cards are free and can be used on phone orders and with some insurances. Get your free card today at: familywize.org
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Food Bank of Siouxland volunteers - pack and distribute family food boxes - call 712-255-9741 to volunteer
**Please DO NOT hold food drives for Food Bank of Siouxland - if you want to help you can provide a monetary donation
Purchase baby items such as formula, diapers and wipes and donate them to agencies including: Community Action Agency, Crittenton Center, and Lutheran Services in Iowa
Donate cleaning supplies to nonprofits providing one-on-one services
Donate blood by going to LifeServe Blood Center
Donate to United Way of Siouxland as we forsee needs increasing as the situation progresses