United Way of Siouxland depends on the leadership of volunteers from across the community to guide the sound investment of funds entrusted to us by generous donors. These volunteers provide insight and oversight to ensure that programs deliver solid results. Working in teams, volunteers review funding applications and make recommendations for future funding.
Below are programs that are receiving United Way of Siouxland funding to make a positive impact to their clients and ultimately making our community stronger. For a full list of all programs funded by United Way of Siouxland, Le Mars United Way and Women United see our Annual Report.
FOCUS Grant Recipients
- Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA - Early Learning Center, $100,000
- Siouxland Christian School - Siouxland Christian Preschool, $25,000
- Norm Waitt Sr. YMCA - Y-Club Before and After School Care, $25,000
- Lila Mae's House - Lila Mae's House, $20,000
- Plains Area Mental Health - Mental Health First Aid, $20,000
- The Warming Shelter - Bridge the Gap, $12,500
Funded Partners 2022/2024 *Awards do not include direct agency designations
Beyond the Bell Jump Start - Kindergarten Preparedness
Crittenton Center - Stella Sanford Child Development Center
Imagination Library - Age Appropriate Books for 0-5 Year Olds
Mary Elizabeth Child Care & Preschool - Nurturing Environment & Daycare
Mary J. Treglia Community House - Pre-School Programs
Native American Child Care Center - Age Appropriate Development Program