Center for Siouxland's VITA Program
If you earned $58,000 or less in 2021, you may be eligible to receive FREE tax preparation. You may also be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Child Care Tax Credits. This is your money to keep and save.
Call Center for Siouxland for more information: (712) 252-1861 ext. 11
What to bring:
- Valid photo ID for taxpayer and spouse
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Copy of last year's tax return or tax transcript
- Proof of income (W-2, W-2G, 1099, 1099R) from all sources
- Interest and dividend statements (Forms 1099)
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit
- If married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present
- IRS Letter 6419 - Only if you received advance Child Tax Credit payments
Taxes are prepared and filed for FREE by IRS-certified volunteers. Free tax preparation begins February 1, 2022.
VITA 2022 sites:
Center for Siouxland / 715 Douglas Street, Sioux City / CALL TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT (712) 252-1861 EXT. 101
Posters for print out can be found below:
My Free Taxes
Through United Way's partnership with H&R Block, every household with a simple return can file their federal and state taxes for free. Visit myfreetaxes.com for more.